3 New patterns to play with :
Xmas is a period to give & receive gifts…
Try out your sewing skills coming to the Co-Sewing studio and sew an Alpaga chawl :
On site you will find Alpaga wool from Alpaga Mood
You will also find fabric and accessories to sew your item.
The package* will be 128 sing $ for the Alpaga chawl.
- Fabric and accessories
- 1 hour of sewing
- Alpaga wool for the chawl
VOIR VERSION FR SOUS VERSION ENGL
Do you have fabric or pattern you would like to swap/sell or would you like to buy fabric at a bargain price ?
Save your November 14th to come at the Co-Sewing Studio and swap/sell/buy fabric & pattern. During this day, we will host a talented guest : Kamalakshi.
Under her label Kopou, textile artist Kamalakshi creates fabrics using different surface design techniques . Intrinsic to her textile designs are the use of blocks which she creates herself using rubber, wood,foam and other recycled materials . These are sometimes further layered with one or more techniques like shibori ,screen printing and hand painting before being made into individual pieces of clothing and linen.Continuous experimentation and play with colours,textures and motifs characterize her work which is created on cotton, silk and linen fabrics.
At 10 AM, Kamalakshi will do a block printing demo:
The swaping will last from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM to give a chance to anyone to pop up.
How does it work ?
- You subscribe telling us if you come to sell, to buy, or to assist to the block printing demo :
- You come on the 14th with the fabric or patterns you want to swap/sell.
- Items must be clean, measured and labelled with the price you want from it.
- You can either stay all day long or leave your items at the Co-Sewing Studio where it can be sold for you
How much is it ?
- For the sellers, the entrance fee will be 15 sing $
- For Couture Nomad students and for the buyers, it will be free
If you did not sell your items on the day, you can leave them and Catherine will let you know when sold.
You can, if you wish, complete this event by booking 3 hours at the Co-Sewing.
Some are already waiting for you :
Avez vous des patrons ou du tissu que vous aimeriez échanger/vendre ou acheter ou aimeriez vous acheter du tissu à un prix negocié ?
Le 14 Novembre au Co-Sewing Studio vous pourrez acheter, échanger ou vendre tissus et patrons.Durant cette journée nous aurons la chance de recevoir la talentueuse Kamalakshi qui fera une demonstration de block printing qui aura lieu à 10h00 du matin.
L’échange de patrons et tissus durera de 10:00 AM to 20:00 PM afin que tout un chacun puisse s’organiser pour passer .
Comment ça marche ?
- Vous vous inscrivez en indiquant si vous venez acheter, vendre ou assister à la demo de block printing :
- Vous venez le 14 avec le tissu et les patrons que vous voulez échanger ou vendre.
- Les produits doivent ere propres, mesurés et étiquetés avec le prix que vous en voulez.
- Vous pouvez rester le long de la journée ou laisser vos produits au Co-Sewing Studio où ils peuvent être vendus pour vous
Combien ça coûte ?
- Pour les vendeurs le tarif sera de 15 sing $
- Pour les élèves Couture Nomad et pour les acheteurs, ce sera gratuit
Si vous n’avez pas vendu tous vos articles, vous pourrez les laisser au soin de Catherine qui vous préviendra dès leur vente.
Vous pouvez, si vous le souhaitez, en profiter pour booker une séance de 3 heures de Co-sewing pour compléter votre journée couture 🙂
You have a unique body with different shapes than your neighbour.
You love to sew but you are struggling with the sewing patterns ? It never fits ?
Your solution is to build your base.
How it is working ?
- We trace your base following your measurements
- You sew it in calicot, you try it to adjust it exactly on your body
- You draw it on paper
- You can use it to draw all the other patterns you would like to sew
From this base :
We can do dresses, coats, tops, shirts etc…
- We will start doing your little black dress:
The fee will be 300 sing $ for 12 hours. Take an appointment with Catherine to build yours:
- Then we can go wilder and wilder :
Couture Nomad is running a Cheongsam Workshop for the Katong JC Trail event.
You will learn how to make a Top Cheongsam:
Mao collar darted Top & Dress .
-How to assemble a Top
-How to create an opening on the front and finish it with a facing
-How to cut, assemble and sew bias on neckline and armholes
-How to trace and sew darts
-How to sew an invisible zipper
-How to place and sew a Mao collar.
5 to 8 hours to complete.
Workshop every Monday & Saturday (except Public Holiday):
- 9h30 am to 12:30 pm & 1:30 to 4:30 pm
- Cost of the 6 hours workshop : 195 $ (all included)
On October 10th, from 10:00 to 11:30 AM,Catherine will conduct the sewing of Jungle on the coverlocker (the big sewing machine with plenty of threads 🙂
This is to give you an idea of how the overlocker works and how much time we earn when using it !
It will be at Couture Nomad Co-Sewing Studio, 451 Joo Chiat Road, #02-08 The Mox, 427 664 SG.
Subscribe to be sure to have a chair :
Pattern making is to cut and join flat pieces of fabric to assemble into a 3 dimensional garment.
Take the pieces of a 3 dimensional garment apart and flatten them, to get individual pattern pieces.
The relation between the flat pattern pieces and the 3 dimensional structure of the garment never changes.
You can create a garment by cutting, moving and reassembling the pieces of a pattern, just like the pieces of a puzzle.
Use your original designs to make new patterns.
Starting with BUILDING YOUR OWN BASE and building the Tomoko Nakamichi Bamboo shoot top.
WORKSHOP TAKENOKO MONDAY OR SATURDAY:
- OCTOBER MONDAY 7 & 14 , 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (1 hour lunch break)
- OCTOBER SATURDAY 12 & 19 , 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (1 hour lunch break)
The cost is 350 sing $ (fabric and accessories included)
Thank you for your presence at Safran demo. It was great to show you the process to sew a very nice wrap around dress.
Keep updated for the next demo (it is completely free) which will take place on Thursday October 24 th from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM .
It will be a stretch pattern called Jungle conducted on the coverlocker (the big sewing machine with plenty of threads 🙂
Don’t wait to book your place :
Introduction to one of THE colours of 2020 :